June Gloom Be Gone
by R.J. Johnson
– There are now dating sites for Star Trek fans. Their favorite pick-up line? “Your parent’s basement or mine?”
– On the news, they said prisoners ask O.J. Simpson to negotiate problems between the prison gangs. And if there’s one guy who knows how to talk to a bunch of cut throats, it’s O.J. Simpson.
– Pres. Obama warned Americans that materials on the Internet can influence people to commit terrorist acts. And people on Craig’s List were shocked. “All the STDs aren’t bad enough? Now this?”
– ABC has a new series called “Mistresses.” I like the original title better: “Hawaii Five-Ho.”
– Scientists say they’ve found the plant disease that caused the great potato famine in Ireland in 1845. And just in time.
Those people have got to be really hungry.